Hawai'i Promise Scholarship
“The Hawaiʻi Promise Scholarship has provided me with financial aid that saved me so much money. Being a full-time student with two part-time jobs, I didn’t have to worry about my tuition and I was still able to study what I wanted to do. It has helped me pay for my books, supplies [and] classes.”
-Kevin-Clark Labador, Leeward Community College
The Hawai'i Promise is a "last dollar" scholarship that provides free in-state tuition for qualified University of Hawai‘i Community College students who need financial help to pay for college.
For eligible students, the Hawai'i Promise scholarship provides money from UH and the State of Hawai'i to cover direct education costs — including tuition, fees, and an allowance for books and supplies — that are not met by other forms of financial aid.
In SY 2021-22, more than 2,220 students from seven UH Community Colleges statewide benefitted from almost $5 million in Hawaiʻi Promise scholarships.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be a State of Hawai‘i resident or qualify for exempt status that pays in-state tuition.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits per semester at a UH Community College
- Be degree-seeking in a financial aid eligible program.
- Must accept all federal and state grants, scholarships, and any other funding sources that do not require repayment
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Not have already achieved an undergraduate degree
Awards are contingent upon funding and amounts are based upon enrollment level, financial need, and other financial resources.
Need money for college? Use this quick guide to apply for financial aid.
For more information about your Hawai’i Promise Scholarship, or if you have any questions about the financial aid process, please contact the Financial Aid Office at the community college you are enrolled in.
- Hawaiʻi Community College: (808) 934-2712, email@example.com
- Honolulu Community College: (808) 845-9116, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kapiʻolani Community College: (808) 734-9537, email@example.com
- Kauaʻi Community College: (808) 245-8360, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leeward Community College: (808) 455-0606, email@example.com
- UH Maui College: (808) 984-3277, mauifa@hawaii,edu
- Windward Community College: (808)-235-7449, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email UH Community Colleges or share your experience with us via the form below.