Admission to Ka'ie'ie is admission to the Univeristy of Hawai'i at Manoa (UHM) campus.
Some colleges and majors at UHM require an additional application and have a separate admission process.
Eligibility requirements to join Ka'ie'ie:
- Declare a major/Bachelor degree at UHM.
- Have at least one (1) more semester at Honolulu CC, Kapi'olani CC, Leeward CC, UH Maui College, or Windward CC before transferring completely to UHM.
- International students are required to have a passing score on the TOEFL exam OR completed ENG 100 or ESL 100.
- Have completed 24 transferable credits OR completed 12 transferable credits and be currently enrolled in courses at one of the participating UH system campuses.
- 2.0 cumulative GPA for residents, 2.5 cumulative GPA for non-residents.
- Cannot have earned a Bachelor's degree from another institution.
- Cannot have been left UHM on probation, suspension, or dismissal.
Once you join Ka`ie`ie you must:
- Register for at least (1) credit at your participating UH system home campus each semester in order to continue your status as a Ka'ie'ie student.
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA and remain in good academic standing at both your participating UH system campus and UHM.
- Maintain the minimum credits at your participating UH system campus to be eligible for financial aid.
If you join and then become ineligible, be sure to meet with a counselor to work out a plan to become eligible again.