Why should I join?
Benefits of Ka'ie'ie:
- Receive academic advising and guidance at both campuses that will focus on helping you graduate as efficiently as possible.
- Early completion of Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Upon transferring to UHM, you will register earlier, with the UHM continuing students, rather than as a transfer student just before classes start.
- Take courses at one or both campuses.
- Develop a four-year academic plan.
- Waiver of Tuition Deposit upon transfer.
How do I apply?
You will need to apply to join Ka'ie'ie. Please see a counselor or transfer specialist to see if you are eligible to join and to review the application process.
If you do not yet meet these criteria and want to join, please meet with a counselor to plan how to become eligible. Contact information can be found on the contact page.
The application process requires a meeting with a counselor or transfer specialist. There is a $70 application fee required upon joining.
After UHM received materials, you will receive a packet 4 - 6 weeks later
- Checklist with detailed next steps
- Mandatory Advising Form included
Fall entry = March 1
Spring entry = October 1
You must apply during a regular semester, which means fall or spring, not summer. If you would like to attend a summer session at UHM, apply directly through UHM's Outreach College. Attending UHM in the summer will not affect your standing in this program and is not considered a transfer to UHM. Summer courses will, however, impact your GPA and may affect your eligibility.
- All Ka'ie'ie students will be required to do mandatory advising.
Ka'ie'ie Joiner Ka'ie'ie Transfer Mandatory advising will be every semester with your participating UH system campus counselor or the Ka'ie'ie Transfer Specialist. You should bring your academic plan and the mandatory advising form with you
Please make an appointment (inform the office that this is for Ka'ie'ie mandatory advising).
Mandatory advising will be with your UHM major advisor on the UHM campus the semester before you transfer. Your Ka'ie'ie Transfer Specialist will refer you.
- A hold will be placed on your record, which will prevent you from registering for the upcoming semester.