College is Possible - No high school diploma
Silhouette shrugging
Thinking of no diploma
Silhouette thinking
College is Possible
»»»»»»»»No high school diploma

No high school diploma? No problem.

While most colleges do prefer a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate as a measure of your educational achievements, it is not required for enrollment at a community college, so long as you meet the age requirement of 18 years or older.

If you are below the age of 18 years, then you will need a high school diploma or GED to apply to college. Laws vary from state to state, but most public high schools in Hawai'i will permit students to work on completing their high school diploma for 1-3 years after they turn eighteen. Special adult community schools also offer a GED program in preparation for the examinations. For more information on how to acquire your GED, go to the Hawai'i State Department of Education for more details.

Need help with your math, reading and writing skills? 

If you feel you need to brush up on your math, reading and writing skills before enrolling at the community colleges, we highly recommend that you consider iCAN to explore all the options available to you. iCAN  is a fast-track career and workforce certification student support program designed to help you find your career pathway and then to improve your reading, writing, and math skills in preparation for one of our exciting certification programs. Explore your career options through our Career Matchmaking workshops. Receive the training you need to certify for employment or advancement in a demand industry: renewable energy, sustainable agriculture, and healthcare.

Don't give up on your dream of going to college, just because you didn't get your high school diploma! Contact the helpful folks at iCAN today.






top of page