Verification is the process your school uses to confirm that the data reported on your FAFSA form is accurate. If you
are selected for verification, you will be required to submit additional documentation.
Verification Process 2021-22 (NEW)
For the 2021-22 award year, the seven University of Hawai'i Community Colleges is partnering with ProEd to obtain all documentation for verification
using DocuSign. DocuSign enables users to securely send and receive documents for review and signature from any electronic device.
Watch the tutorial: Completing Verification in ProEd
Verification Steps in ProEd:
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to access your ProEd account using your UH Portal username and password. Note: There may be a
short delay from when you receive an email from your campus Financial Aid Office and when you receive an email to activate your account with ProEd to access
your ProVerifier+ Student Dashboard.
- To access ProEd: https://uhcc.proed.org
- In ProEd, review the dashboard and complete and submit each outstanding item. Most items can be completed online and signed electronically using DocuSign.
- Your campus Financial Aid Office will review your materials and notify you of missing or incomplete items via your UH email.
- To speak with a ProEd representative about your verification, you may call (808) 657-6358 from 8:00am to 9:30pm (EST).
- If an additional signer is required, you will have the option to provide their email address where DocuSign can send a secure link requesting their signature on the form.
How do I know if I was selected for verification?
Look for an asterisk* on your Student Aid Report (SAR) next to your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) on
the top right of the first page that is sent to the email address you provided on your FAFSA.
Your UH Portal will also list unsatisfied requirements. If you need more information on how to access, info is available on the FAQ page.
Starting April 2021, you may also receive an introductory email from ProEd at your UH email address. The email will contain instructions on
creating a ProEd account to complete verification. All students selected for verification on a 2021-22 FAFSA with an active UH email will receive this email.
Will I see all required financial aid documents in MyUH portal?
All required documents will appear on your UH portal; both verification and non-verification related. Your Financial Aid Office
will also send an email notifying you of items needed.
DocuSign is a process that allows students and parents to electronically fill out and sign required documents and subsequently
send them to the correct location for processing.
How do I sign a DocuSign document?
Will I receive phone calls from ProEd?
You may receive voice blasts regarding verification. They will prompt you to log into ProEd to complete the outstanding documents.
What kind of emails will I receive from ProEd?
You will receive an email from ProEd in the following situations:
|Purpose of Email
||Generated when student is identified for verification processing
||Generated after student initially logs into the ProEd Student Portal
|Missing or incomplete email
||Generated every 5 days when documents are missing or incomplete
|Additional documents requested email
||Generated when subsequent items are added to the student checklist
||Generated when a form is successfully completed
|All documents submitted email
||Generated when all verifications documents have been submitted by student
|Verification corrections email
||Generated when student’s file moves to the awaiting corrections queue
|Verification completed email
||Generated when ProEd completes verification